The Ocala Marion Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) assures the Florida Department of
Transportation that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, family or
religious status, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of
1987, and the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992 be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of,
or be otherwise subjected to discrimination or retaliation under any program, or activity undertaken by
The Ocala Marion TPO further agrees to the following responsibilities with respect to its programs and
1. Designate a Title VI Liaison that has a responsible position within the organization and access to
the recipient’s Chief Executive Officer or authorized representative.
2. Issue a policy statement signed by the Executive Director or authorized representative, which
expresses its commitment to the nondiscrimination provisions of Title VI. The policy statement
shall be circulated throughout the Recipient’s organization and to the general public. Such
information shall be published where appropriate in language other than English.
3. Insert the clauses of APPENDIX E of this plan into every contract subject to the Acts and the
4. Develop a complaint process and attempt to resolve complaints of discrimination against the
Ocala Marion TPO.
5. Participate in training offered on the Title VI and other nondiscrimination requirements.
6. If reviewed by FDOT or any other state or federal regulatory agency, take affirmative actions to
correct any deficiencies found within a reasonable time period, not to exceed ninety (90) days.
7. Have a process to collect racial and ethnic data on persons impacted by the agency’s programs.
8. Submit the information required by FTA Circular 4702.1B to the primary recipients (refer to
APPENDIX A of this plan).
THIS ASSURANCE is given in consideration of and for the purpose of obtaining any and all federal funds,
grants, loans, contracts, properties, discounts or other federal financial assistance under all programs and
activities and is binding. The person whose signature appears below is authorized to sign this assurance
on behalf of the agency.
Robert Balmes, AICP CTP
Ocala Marion TPO
January 24, 2023
View the Civil Rights Assurance